Data, especially open data, is one of my big areas of interest. My last job involved analysis of qualitative data using NVivo and other tools to discover thematic areas related to quality assurance in Higher Education. I was involved in the Jisc/HESA Business Intelligence Analytics Labs project (https://www.business-intelligence.ac.uk/) and worked on data dashboards that explored the Postgraduate research experience and research.
In 2015 I was involved in some data visualisation work for the PASTEUR4OA Project this allowed me to use and experiment with the following tools:
- Tableau Public: http://public.tableau.com/s/
- Open Refine: http://openrefine.org/
- Python Pandas: http://pandas.pydata.org/
- Many Eyes: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/analytics/many-eyes/
- CartoDB: https://cartodb.com/
- Raw: http://raw.densitydesign.org/
- Datawrapper: https://datawrapper.de/
- Infogram: https://infogr.am
- Easel.ly: http://www.easel.ly/
- Piktochart: http://piktochart.com/
Prior to this I project managed a the LinkedUp Project looking at linked and open data in Higher Education. I have a broad knowledge of the sets in use and have been involved in UniversitiesUK ‘creating value from open data’ programme.